DAY 18 OF PORTRAIT OF ST. MARYS
Arglye Farms Across the Field
Today's painting features my family farm, Argyle Farms, located just outside of St. Marys.
Interesting fact: my dad has lived here his entire life!
I have many memories growing up here! Here are my top 5:
1. I was engaged young. Reg was my favourite dog growing up; at age 5 I went through a phase where I wanted to marry him!
2. On Christmas morning, we were not allowed to open gifts until the barn chores were complete. To fend off snoopy children, my parents actually had to lock the door to the living room that housed the tree and gifts.
3. I was in the 4H calf club for a few years around grades 6-8. While I was very good at socializing and snuggling with my calf, I did not shine when it came to the actual training.
4. My favourite doll growing up was a Cabbage Patch Kid named Pauline. I once gave her (and myself) a very chic hair cut in which I cut our bangs down to the scalp. I thought it was very fashionable... but my mom and hairdresser Cheryl disagreed.
5. Some of my newest memories from the farm include those with my niece and nephews - Lachlan, Aelwen, and Ronan. Three strong little MacKays!
10/21/2015 11:07:54 am
Kathy, I love your work! I like how you can see your brush direction in the clouds and everywhere.
Leave a Reply.
Find out why I had to pursue a career as a dietitian to figure out I wanted to be an artist: